Distinction as a Super Lawyer is one of the most prestigious in the legal community. Both Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are carefully selected through a multiphase process consisting of peer nominations, evaluations, and independent research, enabling the organization to create a comprehensive list of outstanding attorneys in each geographic region.
The selection process takes into account 12 indicators:
- The attorney’s experience
- Honors and awards
- Verdicts and settlements
- Pro bono and community service
- Bar and/or professional activity
- Special licenses and certifications
- Position within the law firm
- Scholarly lectures and writing
- Representative clients
- Education and employment background
- Other outstanding achievements
The title of Super Lawyer is only awarded to 5 % of lawyers in each state. Attorneys who are 40 years old or younger or who have been in practice for 10 years or less are considered for the Rising Stars list, which names no more than 2.5% of lawyers in each state.
Meet our Super Lawyers
Every year, the attorneys of Kirtland & Packard are selected to the prestigious list of Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Below is an overview of each.
- Michael Louis Kelly – Selected to Super Lawyers: 2007-2017, “Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Redondo Beach, CA”
Managing Partner Mr. Michael Louis Kelly is one of the top trial attorneys in the nation and has been selected as a Super Lawyer for 11 continuous years. Mr. Kelly’s numerous record-setting jury verdicts, trials, and settlement results have helped his clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars and dramatically expanded consumer protection and safeguards. Mr. Kelly’s high evaluations among his peers have also earned him the highest respected rating of AV-rated, recognizing him at the highest level of professional excellence. Mr. Kelly has also received numerous other awards including Leading 500 Plaintiff Lawyer and the Litigator Award. Mr. Kelly represents clients in class action/mass torts, personal injury, and business litigations.
- Behram V. Parekh – Selected to Super Lawyers: 2012-2013; 2015-2017, “Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Redondo Beach, CA”
Mr. Behram Parekh has been recognized as a Super Lawyer five times, most recently in 2017. Mr. Parekh is one of the top trial attorneys in the United States, having been listed as the nation’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. He works in highly complex practice areas, particularly in the areas of consumer fraud, false advertising, securities fraud, and drug liability. Mr. Parekh has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients in these complex areas of law.
- Joshua A. Fields – Selected to Super Lawyers: 2017, Selected to Rising Stars: 2009; 2014-2016, “Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Redondo Beach, CA”
Mr. Joshua Fields is a top-rated attorney of Kirtland & Packard, specializing in complex consumer litigation. Mr. Fields received his first Rising Stars recognition just three years into practice and was recognized again for his accomplishments in 2014-2016. In 2017, Mr. Fields received the prestigious recognition as a Super Lawyer.
- Heather M. Baker Dobbs – Selected to Rising Stars: 2012-2017, “Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Redondo Beach”
Ms. Heather Dobbs has been continuously listed by Super Lawyers on its prestigious list of Rising Stars from 2012-2017. Ms. Dobbs is distinguished as one of the top-rated employment and labor attorneys in Redondo Beach, and also represents clients in personal injury, general litigation, and class action/mass torts cases.
- Robert A. Muhlbach – Selected to Super Lawyers: 2013, 2015-2017, “Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Redondo Beach, CA”
Mr. Robert Muhlbach is a top-rated construction litigation attorney of Kirtland & Packard. Mr. Muhlbach was selected to Super Lawyers in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017. He represents clients in construction litigation, personal jury, and insurance coverage.
To schedule your free consultation with one of our award-winning and highly-respected attorneys, please call 310-536-1000 today. We serve men and women living in and around San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Paso Robles, and Santa Maria from our office in Redondo Beach.